Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Jan.13: Reflection on Cameron's Video

The most suprising thing to me from Cameron's video was just how competent the eleven year old is in using technology. Like his dad said, it's great that he is because it helps his son learn problem-solving. Wow! He even wakes up at 5:30 in the morning. What eleven year old does that? I sure didn't!! I do not know anyone who has had a similar experinece to Cameron's. I like coming up with ideas, but mine are much more low-tech.

In my own classroom, I recognize it will be filled with teenagers from the next generation, which are much more tech-savy than my generation. So, this class will be very helpful in that respect. I also realize it would be wise if I incorporate more technology into my own classroom in order to further engage my students because those are the media they use. No longer is it just pen and paper and textbook... it's powerpoints, emails, TV, videos, etc...

Cameron's dad gave good advice- don't be afraid to allow students to teach us something, or to help present lessons. Don't be afraid to learn from the students too. It was so funny to see him in the Apple store demonstrating his knowledge to the sales rep...what a great kid!!

No comments:

Post a Comment